Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Signs of Life!

Well, since this is a 'learning year', I'm not going to dig up my slow growing tomato plants. I'll just watch them. I know what I did wrong. When I installed my drip irrigation system, I didn't realize that it would go deeper than the new roots had gone. I still needed to water the ground directly where the plant was just set. So I burned them a bit. They are doing 'ok' now that I'm watering the roots directly every other day. But the damage may be done. I don't know.

Everything else looks fantastic! Coming right along!

The Piper and Stella foundation Butterfly Garden:
Photobucket

My herb garden. I prefer them in pots. I've tried them in the ground. I don't care what anyone says, you get FAR less bugs in the pots. I eat basil pesto probably once or twice a week in the summer. I need it at quick reach and bugless. This is the way to go!
Photobucket

I experimented with doing peppers in pots vs. in the ground. It's a tight race. I so far can not tell a difference. But my potted tomato plant experiment is pretty interesting so far, the potted tomato plant is doing much better than the in ground tomatoes; HOWEVER, I watered this plant directly into the soil above the roots from the start. It wasn't starved for water like the others were. Lesson learned.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Squash. I was able to take the burlap material off since they have tripled in size. They are now able to tolerate direct sunlight without wilting.
Photobucket

Same with the cucumbers. It's time to get a lattice. I will probably just use a strip of concrete reinforcement wire.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Peppers are thriving:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Bellpeppers doing great!
Photobucket

Eggplant about to spit!
Photobucket
Photobucket

At a glance:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Carrie! We do not even have green grass or leaves out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 84 degrees in Texas Michelle! But I might give a foot to see Canada in any season!

    ReplyDelete