Monday, April 12, 2010

The Amateur Everything

Well, since most recording artist usually label their first CD after themselves, I figure - do what's popular... for now.

I mainly started it to record my knitting projects and gardening exploration and anything else that swings my fancy. I dabble. I'm a professional dabbler. You can roll your eyes at me if you want. Go ahead. Now is an appropriate time to do that.

Hense the name "The Amateur Everything". I don't think I have the attention span to be truly great at anything in particular. Nor do I aspire to be.

As a true Aquarian - I float. One week will be book reviews. One week will be knitting. One week will be gardening. One week will be movie reviews. I just can't predict where I'm going to go next.

Amateur.
Let's define it!

from thefreedictionary.com

Amateur
1. A person who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity as a pastime rather than as a profession.
2. Sports An athlete who has never accepted money, or who accepts money under restrictions specified by a regulatory body, for participating in a competition.
3. One lacking the skill of a professional, as in an art.
adj.
1. Of or performed by an amateur.
2. Made up of amateurs: an amateur cast.
3. Not professional; unskillful.


Well, that's about it for now! Stay tuned. I've been on a gardening kick - that's this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment